Rust Seal is a dual-purpose acidic compound that neutralizes mild rust and provides a temporary rust-protective layer prior to top coating. It can be sanded before application of top coat but requires minimal surface preparation. But, it must be top coated to prevent further oxidation.
- 16 fl. oz.
- Color: Milky Green
- Theoretical Coverage: 486 sq. ft. per gallon at 1 mil
- Cure Time: dry to touch in 15-20 minutes
- Degrease with SEM Solve or XXX Universal Surface Cleaner and remove loose scale and paint with a wire brush.
- Rinse with water to remove salt or chemicals and allow to dry. It is not necessary to remove all traces of rust.
- Shake or stir thoroughly. Pour Rust Seal into a plastic or glass container.
- Do not use on bare metal or sand blasted surfaces as rust must be present for transformation to occur.
- Apply with a brush or roller. For heavily rusted surfaces, brushing is suggested. Do not pile as this will cause slow drying and product a gummy film.
- After application of first coat, allow 5 to 10 minutes before applying second coat.
9.5" x 3" x 3"