Sand Free is a unique wet-on-wet adhesion promoter for ABS, PVC and similar plastics. Wet-on-Wet application melts color into substrates. This easy to use adhesion promoter is perfect for interior plastic parts.
* If the type of plastic is unknown, place a small amount of Sand Free on the back of the plastic and rub it will a gloved finger. If the plastic smears and melts, use Sand Free. If Sand Free does not have an effect on the plastic, use Plastic Adhesion Promoter or XXX Adhesion Promoter.
- Clean area with SEM Soap and a gray scuff pad.
- Rinse with water and allow to dry.
- Clean with Plastic & Leather Prep or XXX Universal Surface Cleaner using a clean, lint free towel and wiping in one direction.
- If contamination still exists, water will bead on the surface. Repeat until beading no longer occurs.
- Apply Sand Free (HVLP: 8-10 psi at the cap) (Non HVLP: 20-25 psi).
- Apply the top coat while Sand Free is still wet. The first coat of color should be applied lightly as heavy coats could cause sags or runs.
- As the Sand Free evaporates, the top coat is drawn into the surface, creating excellent adhesion.
- After the first coat of color has flashed, follow normal painting procedures.